1. Acceptance of The Ninth World Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of The Ninth World is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
2. Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
- In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account(s).
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
- We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any Ninth World members, employees, or representatives
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
The contents of The Ninth World website do not constitute binding, legal, or official advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision. No information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from The Ninth World or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this Agreement.
4. Change of Use
The Ninth World reserves the right to:
- Change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that The Ninth World shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal.
- Change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
5. Links to Third Party Websites
The Ninth World Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
- All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content are owned by or licensed to The Ninth World or otherwise used by The Ninth World as permitted by law.
- Except where otherwise noted, content available on The Ninth World is made available under a CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.
- In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be reproduced, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, sharing, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only, or other usage that is in compliance with a CC BY-SA-NC 3.0 license.
- When submitting content to The Ninth World, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, edit, modify, adapt, translate, publish, publicly display and/or distribute as we see fit on or in connection with The Ninth World and that the content, once published on the web site, may be covered by The Ninth World’s standard CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 license.
7. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- The Ninth World is an unofficial community resource for the role playing game Numenera. It is in no way authorized by or affiliated with Monte Cook Games, LLC. Numenera and its logo are registered trademarks of Monte Cook Games, LLC. Any use of copyrighted material or trademarks on this site should not be viewed as a challenge to those copyrights or trademarks and we are committed to honoring the Numenera Fan Use Policy.
- The Website is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
- Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- To the extent permitted by law, The Ninth World will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
- The Ninth World makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of The Ninth World for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of The Ninth World or that of its employees or agents.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Ninth World and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms and Conditions or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of USA and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the USA courts.
For any further information please contact the webmaster