A properly selected diet also protects against the risk of many diseases and helps in the treatment of existing ones, including diabetes, coronary heart disease or hypertension. Here are the exciting healthy tips.
- A new food pyramid
Before you start introducing healthy eating habits, it is worth familiarizing yourself with the principles of the new food pyramid . According to her, the basis is physical activity, only then should you focus on your diet.
The most important are vegetables and fruits – they should be the most in the diet. Later in the pyramid there is room for cereal products, dairy products, and only at the very end of it there is meat, fish and fats. It is according to these principles that it is best to compose a healthy diet.
Besides, of course, you should drink plenty of water , weak tea and coffee, preferably unsweetened.
- How to start a diet?
If we have eaten unhealthily so far, switching to a diet “overnight” may be too much of a shock for the body and it may rebel.
It should be prepared for a change in the way of eating. It is best to introduce new habits gradually, starting with small steps.
In the case of a slimming diet, it is worth introducing a “liquid” day once or twice a week – that is, drink only juices and eat soups.
As a result, the stomach will contract and the body will give up some water and supplies. As a result, the body will cleanse itself and will be more prone to weight loss.
- Types of diets
There are many diets designed to help you lose weight, increase muscle mass, improve concentration, or help treat a variety of diseases.
3.1. Slimming diets
Among the slimming diets, the most popular are:
- yogurt diet (dairy-based)
- apple diet (eating only apples)
- Dukan diet (protein-based)
- 1200 kcal diet (involves limiting the amount of calories consumed)
Slimming diets should not be long in order not to deprive the body of the necessary nutrients.
3.2. Diet and diseases
Diet is often essential for treating certain diseases, the most common being:
- a diabetic diet (based on products with a low glycemic index)
- Hashimoto’s diet (aimed at improving well-being and responding to food allergies )
- FODMAP diet (recommended for irritable bowel syndrome and ulcers)
- ketogenic diet (involves the conversion of carbohydrates into fats, recommended especially in drug-resistant epilepsy)
- Nutrients during the diet
Our body is structured in such a way that it needs various nutrients to function properly. Contrary to popular belief, the body also needs fats. Therefore, a healthy diet should provide him with proteins, fats, carbohydrates as well as vitamins, macro- and microelements.
The most important components of a healthy diet, which are “
- Vegetables and fruit – should be added to each meal. They can be a standalone meal in the diet, but they can also serve as a small snack between meals. If we feel a little hungry, it is better to reach for vegetables and fruit than for sweets. Healthy eating must cover the daily requirement of vitamin C and substances with antioxidant properties.
- Cereal products – dark bread, cereals, cereals, pasta, and potatoes. The healthy eating pyramid provides space for complex carbohydrates. They provide us with energy for the whole day. The cereal products also contain fiber and many B vitamins. Fiber works like a brush for the intestines – it helps to remove food residues and constipation.
- Dairy Products – contain calcium and vitamin D . Therefore, it is worth drinking at least two glasses of milk or kefir every day. Thanks to this, we protect ourselves against the occurrence of osteoporosis, as well as the bacteria contained in fermented milk products (kefir, buttermilk, natural yoghurt) have a positive effect on the functioning of the intestines.
- Meat, poultry, beans, peas and fish – are sources of protein with high nutritional value. You should plan your daily diet in order to eat one portion of any of the products. The meat should be lean, preferably turkey, chicken, veal or rabbit.
- Mineral water and natural juices – you should drink at least 1.5 liters of water a day. Mineral water is recommended, especially in very hot weather, when you sweat intensely. Then you should drink up to 3 liters of water a day. There are vitamins in natural juices (vitamin C, beta-carotene).