You have a passion for research, and have probably spent much of your life thus far cloistered in a centre of learning. Such havens are few and far between, however, and you are also willing to travel long, dangerous distances to investigate the holdings of a new library.
You might have a specific reason for pursuing a particular form of knowledge, or perhaps you are the child of a wealthy noble, able to indulge your passion.
You gain the following benefits:
- +2 to your Intellect pool.
- Skill (Researcher)
- You are trained in all tasks involving acquiring and interpreting knowledge from books, scrolls, ancient numenera devices (etc).
- Skill (Lore Master)
- You are trained in three areas of knowledge of your choice.
- Inability (Bookworm)
- By spending all that time studying, you have neglected your physical training; tasks requiring the application of strength are one step more difficult for you.
- You have the backing of a wealthy benefactor who supports your research; if you can produce interesting new results or information, he or she may provide you with extra funds (GM’s discretion).
- You carry a blank book, pens, and ink.
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: From the following list of options, choose how you became involved in the first adventure.
- You have heard about the group, and wish to join for the opportunities it may afford for primary research.
- You have exhausted the libraries of this town, and have been looking for travelling companions to accompany you onward.
- One member of the group, aware of your reputation as a scholar, has asked you to join them – perhaps your knowledge will prove useful.
- Your research has revealed a dire threat (or perhaps, a golden opportunity), and you convened the group in the hopes of thwarting it (or taking advantage of it).