Life does not always work out as one would hope, and you have certainly had your share of bad luck. Somewhere in your travels, you were wounded badly enough to be severely scarred. It could be a single, large burn scar or years worth of sword cuts and ax blows, but either way, you carry your bad luck on your skin for everyone to see.
You gain the following benefits:
- Resilient Mind:
- +2 to your Intellect Pool
- Scar Tissue:
- You gain a +1 on Recovery Rolls
- Grit your teeth:
- You can draw from your Intellect Pool to apply effort to rolls involving physical endurance , such as to overcome pain or persist in an activity after becoming exhausted
- You are trained in all attempts made to heal yourself
- You are trained in all tasks relating to intimidation
- Years of hard living have left your body a bit slower to get moving. You treat the difficulty of all initiative tasks as one level higher
- A lifetime of aches and pains come back to haunt you when you move too fast. In order to apply effort from your Speed Pool, you must pay one more point than normal (4 points for the first level of effort and 3 for each subsequent level of effort). Edges still apply.
- Additional equipment:
- A First-aid Kit
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: From the following list of options, choose how you became involved in the first adventure.
- One of the PC’s added to your collection of scars in a recent accident. Now, the event made the two of you all but inseparable.
- After a recent fight, you were healed by one of the PCs. Now he feels a certain responsibility for your well-being.
- You were asked to join the group after they spotted you showing off your scars. Who couldn’t use the added muscle?
- You and one of the PCs go way back—back to the days when you were getting your first scars.