You have lived a sheltered life. Whether you grew up in a remote aldeia or you have never left the big city, the majority of the Ninth World is new to you. Every story you hear seems real, and you cannot wait to make your own. While you lack the toughness born of experience, you get by through a mixture of quick reflexes and blind luck. Sometimes, you survive because you do not really know how much danger you are in. You likely look young – or you really are young – and wear clothing meant to conceal the fact. Anyone who has been around a time or two can probably tell that you are overcompensating.
You gain the following benefits:
- +2 to your Speed Pool
- Don’t Realize the Danger:
- When you make a roll for carrying more cyphers than your limit, only add +8 to the roll for each cypher you are carrying beyond your maximum (normally you would add +10 for each extra cypher).
- Blind Luck:
- You have a knack for saving yourself just in time. You have an asset on any attempt to re-roll a check gained by spending an XP.
- I’ve Heard About That:
- You are trained in any task which you have never attempted before but which you have heard about in a story or read about in a book.
- The difficulty of all attempts to disbelieve lies or to resist being convinced is increased by one step.
- Scarier in Real Life:
- The difficulty of all mental defense rolls is increased by one step.
- Additional Equipment:
- You have an extra oddity determined by the GM. You think that this oddity is particularly powerful or invest it with special meaning.
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: From the following list of options, choose how you became involved in the first adventure.
- You finally ran away from home and got lucky enough to fall in with the group of adventurers.
- One of the PCs is an older friend or relative who agreed to let you join their adventure… “Just this once!”
- Somehow, none of the other PC’s realized how naïve you actually are, and you convinced them that you would be a valuable asset to the group.
- The adventure you are on is going to be risky, and the group needed someone to take the fall if things went wrong. You’re still wondering who they found for that job…