You are a wandering monk. You serve as a roving scholar, healer, and messenger. You do not own property beyond what is needed for your travels. You give away any wealth or excess property you may acquire, usually to whatever community or needy individual is next encountered. You can expect to be supported by local communities, Cenobite-claves, Aeon Priests, and altruistic nobility. Your motivation is helping whomever you may encounter.
A Jack would make an excellent Eremite.
You gain the following benefits:
- Well rounded:
- +1 each to Might, Speed, and Intellect pools.
- Select one additional fighting move, esotery, or trick of the trade as appropriate to Type from first tier.
- Trained in interactions when meeting someone for the first time and in establishing good first impressions.
- Starts game with no shins and will give away any acquired money or valuables. Cyphers will be used as needed. Artifacts and oddities will be used by an Eremite until such a needier or wiser person can be found to make use or study the numenera.
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: From the following list of options, choose how you became involved in the first adventure.
- You have been tasked with delivering a message and the PCs are headed that way; safety lies in numbers.
- The other players happen to be traveling along your path already and you decided to join them.
- Something tells you that this quest will provide you with the insight you have been looking for.
- You can tell the players will need your help.