You are a member of one of the most majestic, legendary humanoid race of all time. Elves can live for hundreds of years, so your people have survived through the ages, and have an extensive knowledge of the Numenera. Though most elves keep to themselves, you have chosen to set off on your own and learn more about the world the elder’s of your race warned you about for yourself. some of the most powerful glaives and nano’s to ever walk the 9th earth were elves, and who knows? maybe you’ll be the next
you have pointed ears, but most commoners have never seen an elf, somas will mistake you for a human. you most likely wear light clothing, favoring flexibility, but armor is not beneath you.
You gain the following benefits:
- Elvish training:
- +3 to your might OR speed pool
- Your good looks and soothing voice make you skilled in all social interactions
- Elder’s Stories:
- You have an extensive knowledge of the numenera. you may take an intellect test to try to analyze any oddity, artifact, or cypher with a difficulty decided by the GM. if you succeed, you will learn what it does, or what it was used for. This could take anywhere from an hour, to a couple days.
- You are fluent in elfish
- Your knowledge and abilities have made you prideful. failing at any intellect task, or being beaten in battle hurts your pride, making your next 5 rolls suffer a -1 (so if you roll a 20, it is treated as if you rolled a 19). Inability.
- Starting Equipment:
- You begin with an elfish artifact that after reciting an elfish incantation, for the cost of 5 points from one stat, will give you +1 edge in that respective stat for an hour. This can only be used once every 28 hours, and can only be used by you. it takes about a minute to complete the incantation, and the light and noise the amulet makes might attract enemies.
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: From the following list of options, choose how you became involved in the first adventure.
- You sense something peculiar about one of the other party members, and you agreed to the adventure to keep an eye on them.
- Elves don’t use shins as currency, and one of the party members helped you out of a misunderstanding you had with a merchant, and you joined the party to pay off the debt.
- You feel this adventure will help you learn more about this onside world.
- You pity the group’s lack of knowledge about the numenera.