Though you may not actively promote evil, you are a brazen antihero. Your tendency to be selfish and deceptive can sometimes get in the way of the good of the party, though losing the skill you provide would be an immense loss to the group.
You gain the following benefits:
- +2 to your intellect pool
- You’re trained in all tasks involving deceiving others or hiding information.
- You’re trained in all tasks involving actions against targets that are unaware of your presence.
- Though you sometimes help others in actions that provide for the group, you find it hard to put your full effort into it. Whenever you perform an action to aid another, the target number is increased by a step.
- Your sympathy is very limited. When attempting to read another’s emotion, the target number is increased by a step. This does not apply to situations in which a target is objectively motivated.
- Additional Equipment:
- You are eager to mislead and deceive, unbothered by the cares of others. You start the game with a cloak and mask, which when used jointly, make you specialized in all tasks involving disguise. Disguise tasks count as more specific deceive tasks, but the bonuses from this entire descriptor do not stack when performing a disguise task, because the extra bonus is already taken into account in the specialization bonus.
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: From the following list of options, choose how you became involved in the first adventure.
- You see a personal advantage to gain when working with the other PCs.
- Another PC hesitantly wants to have you with them as an agent.
- You have for some reason been forced into the service of the PCs.
- You and the other PCs have a common enemy.