You’re an odd duck, and nobody seems to be able to get a hold of just what’s up with you. You may be from an unknown culture, or you may have a strange and hidden past. Maybe the Numenera have affected your mind, or maybe you’re some kind of spy.
You gain the following benefits:
- +2 to your lowest Pool.
- You’re trained in hiding your motives, opinions, and background.
- You’re trained in resisting mental probes and attacks of all kinds.
- You’re often in the right place at the right time. Once per 28 hours you may spend 3 Intellect to emerge from the shadows into a scene one or more of your fellow party members are part of. This is not teleportation – you must plausibly be able to be in the area, but you need not explain exactly how you got there.
- You have trouble fitting in to social situations. The difficulties of all interactions not involved in hiding your intentions are increased by one step.
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: From the following list of options, choose how you became involved in the first adventure.
- For unknown reasons you’ve decided to join with the group.
- Choose another PC. You’re obsessed with protecting this character from harm, but realize you must let them go into danger. And so you follow them.
- You’ve organized the group, leaving out exactly why you’re doing this.
- A massive creature or god told you to join them.