The masters of the old worlds created many (if not all) of the wonders that reside on Earth today. Some of these are colossal constructs of unknown purpose and others are so small that they go unseen by the human eye. You are one of these. Forged in millennia long passed, you are an automaton of steel and synth – with no organic parts to speak of. Whatever your original purpose was it has become irrelevant when compared to your current objectives. Your limbs house many of your former master’s works and help your artificial mind adjust to the world you find yourself functioning upon.
You gain the following benefits:
- Like Minds:
- You are trained in all interactions with machines of any kind. This includes, but is not limited to, talking with A.I. programs, figuring out the effects of numenera, repairing a device, controlling a machine’s function.
- Exotic Cravings:
- You have a strange taste when it comes to cuisine. You are able to consume cyphers and spend up to their level’s worth back into your pools. This requires at least one minute to complete the process.
- Most forms of radiation, poison, and disease have no effect on you. However, there is still the possibility that a machine virus can be downloaded into your circuits, or the radiation so intense you start to short circuit.
- Mechanical Limbs:
- You are unable to replenish your Might and Speed pools by natural means as you do not actually heal. You start off play with a repair kit and +3 to your Intellect pool. The repair kit can be used exactly like the healing kit in the core rulebook. You also have +1 to your armor.
- All tasks involving communicating with organics is one step harder.
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: From the following list of options, choose how you became involved in the first adventure.
- You have joined this group for the sole purpose of using them to obtain more numenera.
- A subroutine activated within your mind when you met these people and are compelled to stay with them.
- One of the characters in the group was the one who discovered you inactive body and brought you back to functionality. You follow them until another priority is assigned by your masters.
- A group of adventurers have been rumored to be heading in the direction of your master’s stronghold. You have joined them to make sure they do not disturb anything.